Diploma in Accounting
This programme is developed and awarded by the Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore.
This 15-month programme is for you, if you intend to pursue a career in accounting or general commercial, management and operation.
Application opening and closing dates :
Local and International Applicants : 4 August 2018 - 25 January 2019
* Applicants may be offered to Management Foundation Studies and/or Certificate in English Language Programmes according to the relevant terms.
The DAC is a good programme. The lecturers provided us study notes with very detailed explanations. On top of that, we were also given tutorials and practice questions. This helped me to understand and perform well in the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Accounting and Finance programme awarded by UOL that I later took up. Having built a firm foundation in Accounting through DAC, I gained a competitive advantage over other students in the programme.”
SOR MUN CHIN
DAC Graduate (2015)
UOL First Class Honours (2017)
Testimonial provided : Jan 2018
Laying strong foundation in accounting
- Good foundation in accounting concepts and practice
- Accreditation towards professional accounting qualification.
With the Diploma, you can apply for advanced standing to the various degree programmes with our partner universities.
Please click here for details on the advanced standing.
Professional Accounting Qualification
Obtain credit exemptions from:
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) ICAEW - http://www.icaew.com/en
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) CIMA - http://www.cimaglobal.com/
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) - http://www.accaglobal.com/sg/en.html
Accounting and finance-related positions in:
- Financial services
- Auditing services
- Business development
- Investment management
- Marketing and retail
- Public service
Lecturers are both academic and industry-based professionals with extensive work experience and knowledge in their domain.
The course is 100% face-to-face lecture-based learning. Coursework includes attendance at lectures, discussions of case studies, tests, presentations, and completion of group and individually-written assignments.
Classes and workshops are available on study skills, academic writing and presentation.
Include module outlines, reading lists and handbooks on study strategies
15-month full-time programme (5 terms) of 15 modules:
- Auditing and Assurance
- Business Accounting
- Business Management and Communications
- Business Statistics
- Business Law
- Company Law and Secretarial Practice
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Economics for Managers
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Information Systems for Business
- Managing Human Resources
- Managing Business Finance
- Principles of Marketing
- Professional Self-Development
Contact hours: 42 hrs per module, total: 630 hrs
5 terms. Each term is a period of three months.
Lectures at least 6 times a week (Mon-Sat)
Each lesson: 3 hrs
Click here for the programme schedule
Click here for the module outline
2 intakes a year in April & October, each covering 15 months.
April intake: early April to end-June (following year)
October intake: early October to end-December (following year)
Maximum allowed period to complete the 15-month programme is 30 months or 2.5 years.
No refund or recourse when student did not complete in the maximum period.
SIM reserves the right to recommend and withdraw a student who cannot cope with the demands of the programme, especially when the student’s pass has expired.
Minimum Class Size
Minimum class size to commence: 25 students. Students will be informed within 30 days before class commences.
- At least 1 GCE 'A' level pass or 1 H2 level pass;
- For Diploma in Accounting and Diploma in Banking and Finance, applicants must obtain a credit pass (grade 1 to 6) in GCE 'O' level Mathematics;
- Other qualifications will be assessed based on the equivalence to GCE ‘A’ level examinations.
Applicants who do not meet the academic requirements might be recommended to undergo a 6-month Management Foundation Studies (MFS) programme. Click here for details of the MFS programme.
For international applicants (full-time programme only)
International applicants will be assessed on the qualification's equivalent to the GCE 'A' level examinations.
Refer to the details on qualifications listed in the International Student Prospectus. Alternatively, you may click here for the list of overseas qualifications.
English Language Requirements
- GCE ‘O’ level credit pass (grade 1 to 6) in English (as a first language); or
- IELTS with an overall score of at least 5.5; or
- TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) plus 4 in the Test of Written English (TWE) or 79 (iBT); or
- SAT1 score of at least 550 (critical reading or writing); or
- PTE Academic score of at least 42/100; or
- An equivalent English language qualification.
Applicants who do not meet the English language requirement would need to undergo the Certificate in English Language (CEL) programme prior to enrolment in the MFS and Diploma programmes. The duration of the CEL programme depends on the applicant's English language proficiency level. Applicants can sit for an English Placement Test conducted by SIM to determine their English language proficiency level. Click here for details of the CEL programme.
- IELTS or TOEFL or SAT1 or PTE Academic scores must be less than two years at point of enrolment.
- The SIM English Placement Test results will be valid for one year from the date of the test.
Total: S$11,770 (For 2019 Intakes) - payable over 5 terms before class commences
Per module: S$784.66
All fees inclusive of prevailing GST
Average teacher-student ratio 1:60
Minimum class size : 31
Maximum class size : 91
Assessment & Exams
Continuous assessment and end-of-term exam.
Continuous assessments include case studies, class tests, discussions, presentations, group and individual assignments.
To attain a pass for each module, students must achieve overall minimum GPA of 1.0 (grade D).
Local students: 75%
International students: at least 90% attendance in any month of the course (as required by the Singapore Immigration Checkpoints Authority)
Graduating students who passed all 15 modules will be issued a transcript and awarded with a Diploma certificate from SIM upon graduation.