Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
This programme is developed and awarded by the Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore.
This 12-month programme is for you if you intend to:
- Advance your career in Human Resource & Talent development and management
- Acquire specialised skills in employee recruitment & compensation, training and development, and knowledge management and managing staff performance
Events & Programme Briefings
Singapore Institute of Management - Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management Programme Briefing
Come join us on Thu Jun 21 03:00:00 SGT 2018, Thu Jun 21 03:00:00 SGT 2018 - Thu Jun 21 04:00:00 SGT 2018, at Blk B, Level 5, Seminar Room B.5.12/13, SIM HQ, 461 Clementi Road, Singapore 599491 ...
Driving innovation and productivity
In the fast-changing, competitive economy, individuals with the skills to manage human resources and talent, will always be needed. This post-graduate course of study enables you to:
- Plan and utilise human resources and talent effectively in an organisation setting
- Design and manage an effective performance-compensation system
- Build effective teams and facilitate organisational change
- Develop productive, harmonious industrial relations between management and employees
- Support the management of human resources across borders
Mid-level and senior job positions in:
- Human Resource
- Organisation Development
- Training and Learning
- Trade union and labour bodies
- Employers’ associations and business institutions
With the Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, you can apply to the following:
- Master of Science in Programme and Project Management from The University of Warwick, UK; subject to the applicant also meeting WMG's minimum English proficiency requirements.
Lecturers are both academic and industry-based professionals with work experience and knowledge in their domain.
The course is 100% face-to-face lecture-based learning. Coursework includes attendance at lectures, discussions of case studies, tests, presentations, and completion of group and individually-written assignments.
Additional classes and workshops provided to teach study skills, academic writing and presentation.
Include module outlines, reading lists and handbooks on study strategies
12-month part-time programme (3 semesters) of 6 modules:
- Employment Relations and Law
- International Human Resource Management
- Managing Organisational Change and Development
- Performance Management and Rewards
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Staffing and Employee Development
Contact hours: 39 hr per module, total 234 hr
3 semesters. Each semester is a period of four months.
Lectures at least 2 times a week (Mon-Fri evenings)
Each lesson: 3 hr
Click here for the programme calendar.
Click here for the module outline.
3 intakes a year: January, May, September
12-month programme part-time programme of 6 modules
Maximum allowed period to complete: 2 years.
No refund or recourse should the student fail to complete in the maximum period.
SIM reserves the right to recommend and withdraw a student who cannot cope with the demands of the programme.
Minimum Class Size
Minimum class size: 25 students. Students will be informed within 30 days before class commences.
A degree from a recognised university.
Applicants whose academic qualifications are not attained in the English medium are required to demonstrate proficiency in English in one of the following minimum test scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL 580
- Internet-based TOEFL 92
- IELTS 6.5
Note: TOEFL or IELTS test scores must be less than 2 years at point of enrolment.
Total: S$5,778 (For 2018 Intakes) - payable over 3 semesters before class starts
Per module: S$963
The course fee does not include textbooks.
All fees inclusive of prevailing GST.
Average teacher-student ratio 1:50
Assessment & Exams
Continuous basis throughout the one-year programme, e.g., case studies, presentations, class discussions and participation, individual and/or group projects, and quizzes.
In addition to continuous assessments, all modules require students to undertake an exam.
To attain a pass for each module, students must achieve overall minimum GPA of 1.0 (grade D).
Local students: 75%
International students: at least 90% attendance in any month of the course (as required by the Singapore Immigration Checkpoints Authority).
Graduating students who passed all modules will be issued a transcript and awarded with a Graduate Diploma certificate from SIM upon graduation.