Postgraduate Award in Supply Chain and Logistics Management
Developed, fully taught and awarded by The University of Warwick, UK
The University of Warwick is one of the UK’s leading research universities, with a reputation for excellence in research and teaching, for innovation and for links with business and industry.
Warwick has been declared University of the Year 2014/15 by the Times and Sunday Times in the UK.
WMG, a part of the university, has strong links with companies world-wide. WMG has pioneered an international model for working with industry, commerce and public sectors – understanding a company’s strategy and working in partnership with them to find innovative solutions through multi-disciplinary research.
This programme is a 3-party collaboration with WMG of The University of Warwick, Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech) and SIM GE.
- Combines academic excellence with industrial experience
- Developed with industry to address real-world problems
- First-hand understanding of issues facing modern business and industry
- Application-based assignments and projects
- Global experience and inputs
This programme is suitable for professionals in business, engineering, IT or scientific discipline.
Events & Programme Briefings
The University of Warwick - Postgraduate Programme Briefing
Come join us on Sat May 27 20:00:00 SGT 2017, Sat May 27 20:00:00 SGT 2017 - Sat May 27 21:00:00 SGT 2017, at Blk B, Level 5, SR B.5.11, SIMHQ, 461 Clementi Road, Singapore 599491 ...
The University of Warwick - Postgraduate Programme Consultation
Come join us on Thu Jun 22 01:30:00 SGT 2017, Thu Jun 22 01:30:00 SGT 2017 - Thu Jun 22 03:30:00 SGT 2017, at Student Recruitment Centre, Blk A, Level 2, Meeting Room 2A, SIM HQ, 461 Clementi Road, Singapore 599491 ...
Deepen skills, knowledge in supply chain, logistics
Designed to develop abilities to manage and lead, the programme provides an opportunity for professionals to expand their knowledge and strengthen their skill set in supply chain and logistics management and operation.
In this programme, you get the opportunity to learn:
- Develop a broad understanding of strategy development and design
- Basic understanding of markets, product and process development and financial management
- Use of enterprise resource planning systems, analytical tools and techniques
- A methodical approach to problem-solving and decision-making
- How to research, analyse and evaluate complex business information
Career Prospects/Further Education
Graduates can expect to be employed in many different manufacturing and service companies including providers of third party logistics as specialists in supply chain, planning or logistics.
Graduates can also apply credits obtained from the Postgraduate Award and pursue a Master of Science degree with the University.
Mode of Delivery/Session Timetable
Teaching faculty – Academics from The University of Warwick
The programme has a structured curriculum of 3 modules. The modules are delivered on a modular-basis over 12 months.
Each modules comprises approximately 40 contact hours delivered in sessions of 3 to 9 hours usually over 1 week or 2 weekends.
Typical module schedule may be either:
Mon – Fri: 6:30pm – 10pm (Wed: no class)
Sat: 9am – 6pm (2 weekends)
Sun: 1pm – 6pm (1 weekend)
Sat – Sun: 9am – 6pm (2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays)
Lectures are held in classes at SIM campus unless otherwise stated.
Course materials are accessible online. Students are recommended to access study and research materials on their personal computers for in-class coursework.
Participants are to complete three modules with at least 2 modules from the Operations category. The remaining 1 module can be from any category.
Direction Motivation and Care of People
- Leading Change
- Organisations, People and Performance
- Business Strategy and Strategic Management
- Financial Analysis and Control Systems
- International Joint Ventures
- Legal Aspects of Global Business
- Lean Principles and Application
- Logistics and Operations Management
- Procurement and Inventory Management
- Product Design and Development Management
- Programme and Project Strategy
- Project Planning, Management and Control
- Quality Management and Techniques
- Storage and Warehousing Techniques
- Transport Techniques and Management
- Materials Engineering
- Manufacturing Process Technology
Participants may choose from the modules offered at SIM during the candidature period.
The modules offered will be at the discretion of The University of Warwick and SIM.
Duration of Programme/Candidature Period
1 year part-time programme
Students who have not completed the programme requirements in the candidature period will not be entitled to any recourse or refund.
Minimum Class Size
Minimum class size to commence: 25 students
If the programme fails to commence due to low take-up rate, students will be informed within 1 month before class commencement.
Qualifications in business, engineering, IT or scientific discipline. Candidates with good honours degrees in other disciplines who can show proof of satisfactory numeracy may also be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced Diploma and 2 years of relevant post-qualification industrial experience in the engineering, manufacturing or logistics industry
- Diploma and 5 years of relevant post-qualification industrial experience in the engineering, manufacturing or logistics industry
- Other qualifications - can be assessed on individual merits, but must have 5 years relevant work experience and must be company-sponsored
English Proficiency Requirement
- Applicants whose entry qualification was attained in Singapore with at least 3 years of study in an English medium institution is exempted from English Proficiency Requirement.
- IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in any band); or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with a minimum score of 62 (with at least 51 in each of the 4 component scores)
- Two satisfactory academic/industrial reference letters
- A letter of academic interest and your objectives in undertaking postgraduate study
An interview by the Programme Director and/or Programme Faculty may be required as part of the admission process. Applicants not meeting the formal academic requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants who have a work permit or employment pass can be considered for admission.
Programme fee: S$9,630.00, payable on a per-module basis
Per payment : S$3,210.00
Repeat fee per module: S$3,210.00
All fees inclusive of prevailing GST, but do not include textbooks and course material. Valid for intakes in Year 2017.
The average teacher student ratio 1: 35
Assessment & Exams
Participants are assessed by continuous assessment through coursework – application of concepts and tools to solve company problems.
Participants will be allowed to progress through each module upon the completion of its coursework.
Award & Graduation
Fulfill the programme’s attendance requirement and complete all 3 modules’ coursework to attain the Postgraduate Award in Supply Chain and Logistics Management.
For more comprehensive information on the programme, please download a copy of its brochure.