Master of Science in Programme and Project Management
Developed, fully taught and awarded by the University of Warwick, UK.
The University of Warwick is one of the UK’s leading research universities, with an acknowledged reputation for excellence in research and teaching, for innovation and for links with business and industry.
Why choose the University of Warwick?
- Ranked 51st in QS World University Rankings 2016/2017
- A member of the prestigious Russell Group of UK universities
- Top 10 of UK league tables (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018/The Guardian University League Table 2018)
- Ranked as the third-most targeted university among the UK’s top graduate employers in 2017-2018 (Graduate Market Survey 2018, High Fliers Research)
- WMG is one of the world's leading research and education groups, with a track record of hugely successful industry collaboration
WMG, a part of the university, has strong links with companies world-wide. WMG has pioneered an international model for working with industry, commerce and public sectors – understanding a company’s strategy and working in partnership with them to find innovative solutions through multi-disciplinary research.
This programme is delivered by the University of Warwick's faculty.
- Three-way participation: University + Organisation + Participant
- Combine academic excellence with industrial experience
- Developed with industry to address real-world problems
- First-hand understanding of issues facing modern business and industry
- Application-based assignments and projects
- Global experience and inputs
Benefits to Businesses:
- On the job (in-company) assignments & projects
- Approach business issue as you would with an external consultant
- Immediate application of both concepts and tools
This programme is suitable for professionals in business, engineering, IT or scientific discipline.
Events & Programme Briefings
The University of Warwick - Postgraduate Programme Consultation
Come join us on Thu May 31 02:00:00 SGT 2018, Thu May 31 02:00:00 SGT 2018 - Thu May 31 03:00:00 SGT 2018, at Blk A, Level 2, Student Recruitment Centre, Meeting Room, SIM HQ, 461 Clementi Road, Singapore 599491 ...
The University of Warwick - Postgraduate Programme Briefing
Come join us on Sat Jun 09 19:00:00 SGT 2018, Sat Jun 09 19:00:00 SGT 2018 - Sat Jun 09 20:00:00 SGT 2018, at Blk A, Level 1, Seminar Room A.1.11, SIM HQ, 461 Clementi Road, Singapore 599491 ...
Develop effective techniques to project management skills
Designed to develop abilities to manage and lead, the programme provides an opportunity for professionals to expand their knowledge and strengthen their skill set in project management in their current technical and business field, or into a new field of experience.
In this programme, you get the opportunity to learn:
- The methodologies, tools, principles and philosophies to successful project management
- Learn also about human resource management in projects and programmes as well as risk management and change management.
- Develop methodical approach to the management of the financial aspects of projects and programmes.
Career Prospects/Further Education
Graduates can expect to be employed in service industries, information technology, engineering or any other business area needing project management skills.
Some of the University graduates have gone into project planning and management roles with BAE Systems, Alstom Power, Read Recruitment, Network Rail, Vogue, Disneyland, Ashford and McCuire. Other graduates have gone on to work with: Ferrovial (Statistical Analyst), IBM (System Analyst), China Everbright Bank (Risk Manager), DTZ (Marketing Officer), Government of Punjab (middle management), and Evalueserve Business Consulting (Business Analysts).
Teaching faculty for module component – Academics from the University of Warwick
The programme has a structured curriculum of 9 modules and a dissertation.
Each module is delivered on a modular-basis over a month. The modules are delivered intensively over 5 full days in the day and for some modules, over week nights and full day on weekends.
Each modules comprises approximately 40 contact hours delivered in sessions of 3 to 9 hours usually over 1 week or 2 weekends.
Lectures are held in classes at SIM campus unless otherwise stated.
Course materials are accessible online. Students are recommended to access study and research materials on their personal computers for in-class coursework and dissertation.
• Managing the multi-Project/Programme Environment
• Project Planning, Management and Control
Optional Core Module (choose four)
• Programme and Project Strategy
• Financial Analysis and Control Systems
• International Joint Ventures
• Leading Change
• Organisations, People and Performance
Electives (choose three)
• Lean Principles and Applications
• Logistics and Operations Management
• Procurement and Inventory Management
• Product Design and Development Management
• Quality Management and Techniques
• Supply Chain Management
• Business Strategy and Strategic Management
• Legal Aspects of a Global Business
Participants may choose from the modules offered at SIM during the candidature period.
Modules are delivered on a modular basis and are conducted by Faculty from the University of Warwick, thus ensuring academic input for the Singapore programmes. The modules offered will be at the discretion of the University of Warwick and SIM.
Participants will work on a genuine business issue for their MSc dissertation.
Participants will complete the dissertation in accordance with the University guidelines and standards under the guidance by industrialists and academic supervisors. The dissertation will be moderated by a senior member of the University on completion.
All dissertation consultation must be done during candidature period.
On completion, participants are required to conduct an oral presentation on their dissertation topic.
Duration of Programme/Candidature Period
1 year full-time programme
Students who have not completed the programme requirements in the candidature period will not be entitled to any recourse or refund.
Minimum Class Size
Minimum class size to commence: 20 students
If the programme fails to commence due to low take-up rate, students will be informed within 1 month before class commencement.
- Bachelor’s degree (2nd Class Honours degree or its equivalent) or;
- Ordinary degree with two years of relevant post-qualification industrial experience; or
- Advanced diploma with relevant post qualification industrial experience: (i) two years for Postgraduate Award; or (ii) five years for Master of Science
- Candidates with other qualifications can be assessed on individual merits
English Proficiency Requirement
- Applicants whose entry qualification was attained in Singapore with at least three years of study in an English medium institution is exempted from English Proficiency Requirement.
- IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 6.0 in each band); or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with a minimum score of 62 (with at least 59 in each of the 4 component scores)
- Two satisfactory academic/industrial reference letters
- A letter of academic interest and your objectives in undertaking postgraduate study
An interview by the Programme Director and/or Programme Faculty may be required as part of the admission process. Applicants not meeting the formal academic requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants who have a work permit or employment pass can be considered for admission.
Programme fee: S$35,149.50, payable in 3 payments* (October, January, April)
Per module fee**: S$3,370.50
MSc Dissertation: S$4,815.00
*Per payment constitutes 3 module fees and 30-credits of dissertation module
**Per Module Fee also applies to repeat fee (subject to approval).
All fees quoted are inclusive of 7% GST, but exclude textbooks and course material. Fees are valid for full-time October 2018 intake.
The average teacher student ratio 1: 35
Click here for Lecturers’ Profile and Teaching Modules
Assessment & Exams
- Continuous Assessment such as presentations
The MSc dissertation should clearly and substantially relate to, or be applicable to, the management of projects or programmes. The dissertation includes an oral examination. Students will be required to conduct an oral presentation on their dissertation topic upon its completion.
Participants will be allowed to progress through each module upon the completion of its coursework.
Award & Graduation
In order to attain the Master of Science in Programme and Project Management, participants must successfully complete the coursework of nine modules, MSc Dissertation and meet the conferral requirements of the programme.