Discover SIM GE
Established in 1965, the University of Warwick is one of the UK’s leading research universities, with an acknowledged reputation for excellence in research and teaching, for innovation and for links with business and industry. Warwick has consistently maintained its position in the top 10 of UK league tables , offering courses with high academic content that are stimulating and challenging.
Why choose the University of Warwick?
- Ranked 51st in QS World University Rankings 2016/2017
- A member of the prestigious Russell Group of UK universities
- Top 10 of UK League Tables (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018/The Guardian University League Table 2018)
- Ranked as the third-most targeted university among the UK’s top graduate employers in 2017-2018 (Graduate Market Survey 2018, High Fliers Research)
- WMG is one of the world's leading research and education groups, with a track record of hugely successful industry collaboration
WMG is one of UK’s leading academic manufacturing team with exceptionally strong links to companies world-wide and a part of the University of Warwick. WMG provides training to over 2,200 postgraduates in the UK and through centres in China, Thailand, Cyprus, Turkey, Malaysia and Singapore.
WMG has pioneered an international model for working with industry, commerce and public sectors. The Group’s strength is to provide companies with the opportunity to gain a competitive edge by understanding a company’s strategy and working in partnership with them to find innovative solutions through multi-disciplinary research. WMG’s research teams comprise a range of specialists including engineers, physical scientists, material scientists, mathematicians, designers, IT specialists, social scientists, economists and knowledge transfer experts.
Today WMG work across many sectors including automotive; aerospace and defence; energy and utilities; food and drink; healthcare and pharmaceutical; security; and rail. The strength of its expertise spans across five key themes: design; materials; manufacturing; systems; and business transformation.
Its success over the past 37 years is the result of cutting edge research and effective knowledge transfer, working with global companies such as Jaguar Land Rover, TATA, TVS, BAE Systems, AstraZeneca, Siemens, GlaxoSmithKline and Airbus to name but a few.
The Group occupies a unique position between academia and industry; all of its research projects are dedicated to finding solutions to real world problems, and participants benefit from its first-hand understanding of the issues facing modern industry.
Professor Lord Bhattacharyya Kt CBE FREng FRS
Regius Professor of Manufacturing
Chairman and Founder of WMG
- Three-way participation: University + Organisation + Participant
- Combine academic excellence with industrial experience
- Developed with industry to address real world problems
- First-hand understanding of issues facing modern business and industry
- Application-based assignments and projects
- Global experience and inputs
Benefits to Businesses
- On the job (in-company) assignments & projects
- Approach business issue as you would with an external consultant
- Immediate application of both concepts and tools
Graduates from the SIM-The University of Warwick Graduation Ceremony 2017
"The programme catered for the latest management practices related to the field of engineering, logistics, manufacturing and quality. I could select an array of modules to suit my needs and my area of interest." (2017)
Irenaeus Francis Sta Maria (TS & Regulatory)
Kuraray Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Student, MSc in Programme and Project Management